Sunday, November 2

Where do you begin when you're this far behind?

Haven’t really updated you since I arrived in India… I have been working a LOT of hours here and there hasn’t been much room for ‘play’ yet. Lucky me, though, I get to celebrate the holidays three times this year! First, I hit the Chinese New Year celebrations back in February. Now, I’ve hit Divali (aka Deepavali) here in India. And with any luck, I’ll get my very own Christmas @ home. Three “big” holidays in one year!

So – Divali (the Festival of Lights) is the primo holiday in India. Depending on your religious affiliation, it could be one of three different days that occurred this week. Not inclined to leave anyone out, seems everyone in Bangalore is celebrating ALL THREE DAYS. So, what does this really mean for me? Fireworks. Lots and lots of fireworks. I wake to them every day… and I am lulled to sleep by their snap-crackle-pop. [ Well, either that... or the 14-16hr workdays. :-) ]

No comments: