Sunday, November 2

A stitch in time...

Saves none, actually, but where in the States could I get such one-of-a-kind pieces?

I’ve been getting a little restless. Being in the office from 8:30am to 10pm most days, the proverbial walls are starting to close in on me. I’m due a “field trip” (i.e., stress break) and one of my friends here took me back to the boutique where I had a couple of skirts “stitched” after the BritishAir luggage fiasco of last October. What better souvenir could there be? I have two skirts on the way – due next Tuesday. The fabrics are lusssssh. I can't wait to see them!

Closets are made for filling and I just completed a strategic Goodwill re-stocking exercise. Goodness knows I have to fill in the newly created gaps – so why not get a couple of kirtas as well?! So in addition to two skirts, I’ll also add two distinctive blouses to the bored-robe. The kirtas are both to be made of raw silk – one in my 'signature color' [black :-)] and the other in a very distinctive teal fabric with a red thread running through it that almost makes the fabric change color depending on the angle you see it from. The black one will have golden-copper beading along the neckline and sleeves. Oh – and get this! I’ll have matching purses made for each of them (along with a contrasting black stole that mirrors the beaded edging). Am I spoiled or what?! Have I said lately how much I love India?

P.S. And I got my two-stroke engine Auto-Rickshaw rides in. Yes, plural. I’ve traded in my traditional smells of autumn (wood fires and chili) for the smell of burning diesel and coconut water (very popular here - they chop the top off of the green coconut and you drink the liquid inside via straw).

No comments: