Saturday, October 18

Off to ChIndia!

“ChIndia,” you say? Well, yes. I’m headed to China and then India for the next three weeks.

My trek to China begins early Monday morning, flying through Chicago and on to Shanghai before reaching my destination in Dalian. There’ll be no dilly-dallying in Dalian – I’m only on the ground for three PACKED days of work. This will be my third visit in the People’s Republic this year – and likely my last visit for a bit. My work here will be done with this trip, as we will have successfully opened a new branch of our company’s business with 14 vibrant happy “launch team” staff to take care of our growing customer base in the region. From China I’ll head over to India (lovely 16hr flight it is) to spend time with my work friends in Bangalore for the following two weeks.

This blog is likely to be a little different. I don’t know – we’ll have to see… I don’t write about the specifics of work (and for goodness sake, who would want to read about that?!), but usually I am able to make time to go see some pretty interesting things either before, after, or during weekends in the middle. This time, it just wasn’t possible to work in extra days – and I’ll be travelling one of the two weekends. So who knows what I’ll find to write about? I guess that’s part of the adventure! Perhaps you can live without seeing pix of the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, the bullet trains of Tokyo, and Hindu temples with more gold than Fort Knox? We shall see. I take this as a challenge – a test – of my creativity and writing skills. (But I’m a geek like that – all of you know it!)

So from here I’ll likely “pick up the pen” middle of next week. For the reasons I listed above, it’s likely I won’t write as often. But, as always, I invite you to join me on the journey and hear the stories that help my family sleep well at night knowing I’m alive, well, and happy to be experiencing new things.

T.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the trip is great. Even if it is all business for you, there will probably be something interesting for us. You are, after all, probably the only one most of us know who happens to be GOING to Chindia (great word). Would love to see pic of the random things, the local things, you encounter there. We can get picture books of the taj but it might be cool to see the Chindia the tourist books won't print. Just an idea...

Denise Williams said...

OK, I am home from Florida and so it is time for you to come home now! I do hope you have some fun in this place called Chindia; clever!

jsjj93 said...

John says to tell you "Hi!" He says that he wants you to come home soon. He says that he really misses you. Oh, and one more thing...he says "The End".

Jenn said...

Helllllooooo there. All work and no play makes for a pretty long three weeks!Try to have some fun . . . maybe a nice yard sale bright and early Saturday morning???